Night Mouth Guards
Night mouth guards are a special type of mouth guard that is used to treat bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching.
Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common sign of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain, and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked, or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom night guard. This night guard will be custom made to fit your smile comfortable and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your teeth. It will involve two appointments in our office. The first appointment a highly accurate impression is made which will be sent to a dental laboratory where it is made. The second appointment the night guard will be placed and adjustments made for a natural and comfortable fit.